Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Why make me HAVE to deal with you?

I have been long-term subbing now for about a week and a half and I will be at this school until the end of the year. I think this school is great. The students are awesome, the faculty is wonderful and I don't know what I would do without my colleagues.

Some students like to push the boundaries, see just how much they can get away with...especially with a young sub. I like students, I really do, but why make me deal with something when the student knows, I know and the whole class knows that it is not an appropriate decision that this particular student is making...especially when they are in high school. We all are just trying to make it through another day. I know the student doesn't want to get in trouble and I certainly don't want to have to take the necessary steps when I know this behavior is controllable by the student. Why make me HAVE to deal with you?

Because of these childish behaviors, I feel reluctant to let some students graduate. I feel if they need to be behaving in such child-like ways they are obviously not ready for the real world. I only hope that whatever I can leave them with in the next few weeks will some how, some way, sink in and help some of these students.


No comments:

Post a Comment